Deadline: 22 June 2017
The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) is seeking proposals for its “Economic Empowerment of Women Survivors of Violence”.
UN Women firmly believes that addressing violence against women requires a multi pronged approach of access to protection and justice, economic and social empowerment of women, creating enabling environment for women and girls through prevention of violence and sound policy actions and therefore UN Women through its flagship programme Survivors’ Empowerment Journey (SEJ) seeks to address these approaches through the survivor-centred approach in the Elimination of Violence Against Women (EVAW) under its Development Result Framework (DRF).
Under the direct supervision of Manager for SEJ programme and in consultation with the Economic Empowerment Specialist, the responsible party will work towards the following objective:
- To support women survivors of violence and women vulnerable to violence to enhance their capacities to earn income, provide them with capacities of leadership, finance management skills and help them access economic opportunities and livelihoods to make sure they are able to influence the gender dynamics in their families and communities in an efficient way towards elimination of violence against women one of the options is to achieve this goal through the Livelihood Resource Centre (LRC).
- Interested applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered and have legal status in Afghanistan (NGOs and private firms)
- At least 7 years of relevant experience (of the organization or of its proposed staff if a new organization)
- Track record of successful implementation of similar projects
- Field presence in the proposed province or affiliation with other strong and qualified organization is mandatory.
- UN Women will not consider proposals from:
- Individuals without any organizational affiliation
- UN agencies and affiliated UN agencies
- Organizations that do not have an office in Afghanistan
- Government entities
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted electronically at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Afghanistan
For more information, please visit UN Women Call for Proposals.