Applications Deadlines: Depending on chosen study programme; please check deadlines here.
Applications are invited for DAAD scholarships from developing countries’ students. The scholarships are available for pursuing a postgraduate degree at German institutions of Higher education.
With its development-oriented postgraduate study programmes, the DAAD promotes the training of specialists from development and newly industrialized countries.
The DAAD supports over 100,000 German and international students and researchers around the globe each year – making it the world’s largest funding organisation of its kind.
The last academic degree (usually a Bachelor’s degree) should have been completed no longer than six years previously.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue a postgraduate degree at a state or state-recognised German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
Study Subject(s): DAAD Scholarships are awarded for pursuing development-related postgraduate courses.
Scholarship Award: Scholarship includes:
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 750 euros for graduates or 1,000 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
Number of Awards: Not Known
Eligibility: Scholarship criteria is:
- Graduates with at least two years’ professional experience
- Candidates fulfill the necessary academic requirements and can be expected to successfully complete a study programme in Germany (above-average result for first academic exam – top performance third, language skills)
- Candidates have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) in an appropriate subject
- Candidates have at least two years’ professional experience
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship
Nationality: Students (on the DAC List of the OECD) from following developing countries can apply:
For more information please visit Scholarship website