Deadline: 30 August 2017
Are you a youth-led or youth-focused national organization with a big idea to promote young people’s right to access and use family planning services and information? Do you see a timely opportunity to support the rights of adolescents and youth to decide, freely and for themselves, whether and when to have children? If yes, then Family Planning 2020 (FP2020) can help you fund that activity through the Rapid Response Mechanism’s Youth Outreach!
The Family Planning 2020 (FP2020) is seeking applications for its activity “Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM) Youth Outreach” small grants for youth-led or youth-focused national organization.
FP2020 aims to:
- Expand access for adolescents and young people to a range of contraceptive methods by advancing rights-based programs and policies.
- Strengthen the capacity of youth-led and youth-focused national civil society organizations (CSOs) working on FP.
- Learn from the next generation on FP leaders about how best to support their efforts.
- The RRM’s Youth Outreach will award a maximum of 10 grants to youth-led and youth-focused organizations. The selection process will be competitive and coordinated by the FP2020 Secretariat.
- These grants will not exceed US$100,000. However, the program expects that most grantees will receive less than $50,000.
- RRM projects cannot exceed 12 months. However, most of our grants typically have a duration of 6 months or less.
The activities in applicants RRM Youth Outreach project should fall into one of the following categories:
- Technical assistance provided to key stakeholders in need of expert support (for example, the cost of a high-level consultant to ensure AYSRH issues are incorporated into a costed-implementation plan or national strategy in supply chain management).
- Non-routine training of family planning providers (for example, to train community health extension workers after a new AYSRH service manual has been approved).
- Advocacy, including through a pilot project (for example, gather evidence through a pilot on the positive effects of youth-friendly family planning services, to inform upcoming budgetary negotiations, and secure increased funding for this type of service).
- Increasing access for hard-to-reach and marginalized groups, including adolescents and youth, and in post-crisis contexts.
- Youth-led or youth-focused registered national civil society organizations are eligible for consideration.
- FP2020 considers organizations to be youth-focused if their programs serve adolescents and young people. FP2020 considers organizations to be youth-led if they are both serving and led by young people (30 years old or under).
- If applicants are applying as a youth-led organization, they will be asked to provide additional details regarding organization’s youth leadership.
- Please remember that:
- Applicants must have a bank account registered in the organization’s name.
- Applicant’s project must be implemented in an FP2020 focus country, preferably an FP2020 commitment making country.
- If applicants request more than US$25,000, they will need to provide a support letter from an FP2020 commitment-making entity.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted electronically at the address given on the website.
- Eastern Africa: Burundi, Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Somalia, Uganda, Tanzania, United Rep. of, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Middle Africa: Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Congo, Dem. Rep. of the, Sao Tome and Principe.
- Southern Africa: Lesotho
- Western Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cote d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo.
- Northern Africa: Egypt, Sudan, Sudan, South, Western Sahara.
- Eastern Asia: Korea, Dem. Rep. or, Mongolia.
- Central Asia: Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan.
- South Asia: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka.
- South-eastern Asia: Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao People’s Dem. Rep., Myanmar, Philippines, Timor-Leste, Viet Nam.
- Western Asia: Iraq, Palestinian Territory, Occupied, Yemen.
- Latin America and the Caribbean: Haiti, Honduras, Nicaragua, Bolivia.
- Oceania: Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands.