Application Deadline: The application deadline is August 20, 2017.
Applications are invited for Master’s Scholarships at the Vienna University of Technology. Scholarships support outstanding students to study in the Master’s Program in Logic and Computation.
Logic and Computation is a Master’s program in computer science at the Vienna University of Technology. Its name stands for an interdisciplinary field that has its roots in mathematics, computer science, and logic.
This program is aimed at highly motivated students who want to gain knowledge in the following fundamental fields of computer science: Algorithms and complexity; Knowledge representation and artificial intelligence; Logic, mathematics and theoretical computer science; and Programming languages and verification.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s program.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Logic and Computation.
Scholarship Award: The Master’s Program in Logic and Computation offers funding to support excellent students of the program:
- They offer scholarships to support outstanding students to study in the Master’s Program in Logic and Computation. They are awarded annually and typically last for the duration of the master’s program (up to two years). The students who are awarded a scholarship receive €6000 annually, paid in installments. Among the scholarships is the Helmut Veith Stipend, dedicated to the memory of an outstanding computer scientist who worked in the fields of logic in computer science, computer-aided verification, software engineering, and computer security. Once per year the Helmut Veith Stipend is awarded to one excellent female student and, unlike the ordinary scholarships, includes a waiver of the tuition fees.
- They offer tuition fee waivers.
- They offer research fellowships for students who want to actively participate and contribute to research projects. The fellowships, which are compatible with the above scholarships and tuition fee waivers, are limited to the second year students of the program, and amount to approximately €440 per month.
Scholarship can be taken in Austria
Eligibility: Application for a Scholarship or a Tuition Fee Waiver Students who meet the following conditions are eligible to apply:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Mathematics (Bologna first cycle) or equivalent degree
- Extensive knowledge and interest in (at least one of) the following areas: Logic in Computer Science, Databases, Algorithms, Formal Methods and Verification, Foundations of Artificial Intelligence, Complexity Theory and Computer Security.
Nationality: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.