Deadline: 24 November 2017
The scholarships are awarded annually in order to promote international exchange and research cooperation between Switzerland and over 180 other countries. The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships are aimed at young researchers from abroad who have completed a master’s degree or PhD and at foreign artists holding a bachelor’s degree.
Nationality: Cambodian and international candidates can apply for this scholarship
Where: One of the partners universities at Switzerland
Offered by: The Swiss Government via the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students FCS
Duration: 3 years maximum (starting in September)
Scholarship award: monthly payment, health insurance, flight allowance, housing allowance, One-year half-fare public transportation card, and the like
- There are a few institutions to choose, so that you may check out those institutions.
- The scholarships are available for only full-time PhD students.
- You already achieve master’s degree or equivalent university.
- You are born after 31 December 1982.
- You need to have a research proposal including a timeframe.
- Scholarship holders are expected to move to Switzerland during their grant period.
- You will be assessed based on academic profile, research capacity and motivation
What do you need to submit?
- Signed FCS application form (typed and printed) with photo.
- A full CV with list of academic publications.
- A motivation letter (max. 2 pages).
- A complete research proposal (max. 5 pages, signed), using exclusively the FCS research proposal form.
- A copy of the letter from an academic host professor (including her/his short CV) at the chosen Swiss university confirming why she/he is willing to supervise and support the PhD thesis.
- A support letter from a host professor
- Two confidential letters of recommendation from two different professors in the applicant’s
- Photocopies of certificates and grade sheets from previously attended universities/colleges and diplomas with grades
- Signed medical certificate
- Two copies of the applicant’s passport (main page with personal data). Dual nationals add copies of both passports.