UNESCO Kabul in partnership with the Office of the First lady, the Office of Second Vice President of the and the Deputy Ministry of Education for Literacy of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan have opened call for applications for 2017 ‘ Bibi Gul Youth and Adult Literacy Contest for Afghanistan with the theme ‘Literacy For Social Change& Sustainable Development’.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications related to this them
Who is eligible?
· Institutions, organizations, individuals or other entities promoting literacy through effective and innovative projects or programmes.
· Eligible programmes or projects who have a proven record of innovative work in the field of literacy for at least three years.
· Programmes/projects that have were awarded Bibigul Literacy Contest for Afghanistan in 2016 are not eligible.
· Applicants need to visit the following websites to review the details of this applications and the required documents and download the application form.
UNESCO Kabul: http://www.unesco.org/new/en/kabul/
Deputy Ministry of Education for Literacy: http://ldmoe.gov.af/ps/
Afghanistan National Commission for UNESCO: www. http://unesconatcom.af/
· Each application shall be accompanied by the following:
– A detailed background of the work of the applying organization in adult education in the relevant areas of the Contest.
– A detailed description of the particular achievements of this work, both the methods used and the outcomes realized for affected communities, including publications and other supporting documents of major importance submitted as annexes for consideration.
– A summary description specifying how the results of the applicant’s work contribute to the relevant field of the Contest and meet its objectives.
· Applicant needs to download the concept note, application guidelines, application form and consent form from the above mentioned websites.
· Applicants should send hard copies of their submission with supporting materials to the Deputy Minister of Literacy Secretariat before or on 11th October 2017 by 4:00 PM Kabul time.