Deadline: January 2, 2018
Call for application is ongoing for the MCW Young Leaders Access Program 2018. The Young Leaders Access Program brings together youth from all over the world, united by the goal of creating positive change in their communities. It is a one year program comprised of three components:
- The YLA Retreat
- Project Implementation
- Alumni Mentorship and Support
The YLA launches with the Retreat in late July, held in New York, NY and Burlington, Vermont. It consists of three modules: Modern Leadership, Global Citizenship, and Local Change. During the final phase of the retreat, Young Leaders will create a unique action plan to address an issue in his/her community.
Over the following year, Young Leaders implement their plans while being guided remotely through online workshops and a Mentor from the Young Leaders alumni community. Once Young Leaders have successfully completed the YLA they are eligible to apply for the Alumni Ventures Fund which awards grants of up to $5,000 USD.
- MCW will cover all program costs and all flight costs for every accepted participant. This means that MCW will cover all costs during the program (July 24- August 2, 2018 ) including housing, food, travel, and any necessary supplies.
Young Leaders Must:
- Be between the ages of 18-26 years old;
- Be fluent in written and spoken English;
- Have access to email or another internet platform that allows consistent communication with the MCW team and mentor for the duration of the yearlong program;
- Demonstrate commitment to his/her community;
- Identify an issue faced by his/her community he/she would like to address;
- Commit to attending the weeklong retreat and spending the following year implementing change in his/her community and staying in contact with his/her mentor;
- Be eligible for appropriate visa and travel documentation;
- Submit completed application on or before January 2, 2018
The YLA Application is hosted on Google Forms. The application consists of the following:
- General Information;
- Essay Questions;
- Resume/ CV- You must upload your resume/CV directly into the application in PDF format;
- Two Letters of Recommendation – You must upload your letters of recommendation directly into the application in PDF format
- Liability Waiver
- October 31, 2017: General Application Opens
- January 2, 2018: General Application Closes
- February 2, 2018: Decisions Sent out, Short List Candidates Notified, Second Round application opens
- February 25, 2018: Second Round Application closes
- March 2-30, 2018: Interviews with Alumni
- April 2, 2018: Acceptances Sent Out
- May 4, 2018: Confirm Acceptance with Visa Interview Date and Deposit
- July 24, 2018 – August 2, 2018: Young Leaders Retreat
- August 2, 2018 – July 24, 2019: YLA Implementation
For more information, visit MCW Young Leaders Access Program.