Xiamen University, colloquially known as Xia Da, located in Xiamen, Fujian province, is the first university in China founded by overseas Chinese. Established by Tan Kah Kee in 1921, the university was originally known as Amoy University.
- Application Deadline: April 30, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing doctoral, masters and undergraduate programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: The University offers scholarships to doctoral, master’s and undergraduate candidates.The first-class scholarships for doctoral and master’s candidates will have their tuition covered (a maximum of 4 years for doctoral programmes, 2 or 3 years for master’s programmes) and offer monthly living allowance (RMB 3,500 for each doctoral student; RMB 3,000 for each master’s student). Undergraduate candidates will not be provided with the first-class scholarship.The second-class scholarships will have the awardees’ tuition covered (a maximum of 4 years for doctoral programmes, 2 or 3 years for master’s programmes, 4 or 5 years for undergraduate programmes). Scholarship details are as follows:
Categories First-class scholarships Availability Second-class scholarships Availability Total Doctoral candidates • Tuition covered;• Monthly living allowance: RMB 3,500 /person 3 Tuition covered 5 8 Master’s candidates • Tuition covered;• Monthly living allowance: RMB 3,000 /person 3 Tuition covered 8 11 Undergraduate candidates None None Tuition covered 5 5
The awardees’ academic performance will be assessed each year and only those achieving the required standard will have their scholarship renewed for the following year.
- Number of Scholarships: 24 (including 8 for doctoral candidates, 11 for master’s candidates and 5 for undergraduate candidates)
- Nationality: Non-Chinese
- Scholarship can be taken in China
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Non-Chinese citizens can apply for these scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements:
Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
Educational background and age limits:
Applicants for bachelor’s degree studies must have a high school diploma and be under the age of 25.
Applicants for master’s degree studies must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 40.
Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 45.
- English Language Requirements: In order to enhance its internationalisation, XMU has launched a lot of English-medium programmes for international students. These programmes are taught in English and aim to produce high-level international specialists with a solid professional foundation plus a good understanding of the Chinese society and culture.
- Applicants are required to make an online application and then download and print out the Application Form for International Students generated upon successful online application.
- Applicants fill in and print out the Application Form for XMU Scholarship