The Queen Mary Anniversary Scholarship is now available for the academic year 2018-2019. The scholarship will be awarded based on academic merit and can be renewed each year, throughout student’s undergraduate degree.
QMUL is one of the UK’s leading research-focused higher education institutions. With around 17,840 students, 4,000 staff and an annual turnover of £300m, it is one of the biggest University of London colleges.
Students whose first language is not English must demonstrate proficiency in English by submitting satisfactory scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- Application Deadline: May 13, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue undergraduate programme.
- Study Subject: Open to all subjects and programmes within the University with the exception of any quota controlled programme, i.e. BDS, MBBS.
- Scholarship Award: £5,000 per year for each year of study (subject to meeting progression standards).
- Nationality: International students
- Number of Scholarships: Up to three scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Students of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Students must achieve AAA in key A-levels, or international equivalent – UG 2018 Overseas Equivalences [XLS 14KB]. Please note students that achieve the equivalent to AAA i.e. A*AB are also eligible for the award. This award will be confirmed after A-level results day due to this criterion.
- Students must be planning on paying their own tuition fees. Those who already have to fund from another Queen Mary scholarship are not eligible.
- Students must be applying for entry in September 2018.
- The qualifying grades must be in the subjects expressed in the offer of admission.
- Students must be new entrants into Higher Education, i.e. have not previously studied part or all of an undergraduate degree level course.
- Our policy on payment of the Scholarship during years in industry and study abroad is under consideration.
- Please note the award amount will not increase during your studies but may decrease in proportion with any decreases in regulated fees in future years.
- Payment in second and third years is contingent on an overall academic achievement mark of above 80% in each year of study at Queen Mary (i.e. you must achieve an overall mark of above 80% in every progression year to maintain the Scholarship).
- This scholarship scheme operates independently of the Queen Mary Bursary Scheme. You could receive a bursary in addition to the scholarship.
- This scholarship will be awarded as a stipend to Home and EU students and a fee discount to overseas fee-paying students.
English Language Requirements: Students whose first language is not English must demonstrate proficiency in English by submitting satisfactory scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
How to Apply:
- Applicants must apply for the degree programme by the UCAS deadline of 15th January 2018.
- Applications for the Queen Mary Anniversary Scholarship will open on 21st March 2018 and will close on 13th May 2018.
- Students who wish to be considered for the scholarship need to ensure that they have firmly accepted their offer at the point of application for the scholarship.