The University of Houston-Victoria in Victoria, Texas is delighted to offer International Student Merit Scholarships to pursue undergraduate and graduate programme.
The aim of the scholarship is to provide financial help to the international students.
The University of Houston-Victoria in Victoria, Texas, offers a unique combination of excellent, affordable and personalized academic and leadership opportunities to empower students to become successful 21st-century citizens in an increasingly complex world.
- Application Deadline: Completed applications need to be submitted by the following dates:
- Fall semester deadline: June 15th
- Spring semester deadline: November 15th
Merit scholarship for spring semester is only awarded for spring and summer semester. All spring scholarship recipients must take part time or fulltime summer course load (online or F2F) and is required to take summer courses. All spring merit scholarship recipients must re-apply for the following year Merit Scholarship.
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate and graduate programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to learn any of the courses offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship will reduces the student’s tuition and fees cost to reflect the residency tuition rate. Other costs such as housing, meals, transportation, personal expenses, books, supplies, and health insurance are not included in this scholarship. The scholarship award can only be used for study at UHV.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Nationality: International students
- Scholarship can be taken in the US
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants Must:
- Be admitted to UHV and registered full-time (minimum of 12 credits for undergraduate and minimum of 9-credits for graduate). Students may apply for the scholarship before being admitted to UHV. However, a scholarship applicant must be admitted to UHV as a full-time, degree-seeking student before the scholarship application can be reviewed. Please visit International Student Admissions for mor information.
- Spring semester scholarship recipients will receive the scholarship only for the Spring and Summer semesters. In order to maximize the scholarship opportunity, all Spring scholarship recipients must be registered for full-time course load online (Summer only) or Face-to-Face. All Spring scholarship recipients must re-apply for the Fall merit scholarship before the deadline (see below).
- Have F-1 or J-1 student visa.
- U.S. Transfer International students must be in good academic and immigration status.
- Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement.
- Submit the completed International Student Merit Scholarship Application Form.
- Attend the mandatory international student orientation and plan to arrive to UHV five business days prior to the first class day.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: The form and documents must be submitted via email to international-at-uhv.edu with subject line “merit scholarship” paper submissions will not be accepted by the international programs.