The Luca School of Arts/KU Leuven is inviting applications for doctoral researcher scholarship in the field of Arts to study in Belgium. International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
LUCA School of Arts offers both professional and academic Bachelor, Master and Postgraduate degrees. More than 3,000 students can choose from more than 30 programmes in Audiovisual Arts & Techniques, Interior Design & Construction, Music & Drama and Visual Arts & Design. Most of the programmes are in taught in Dutch and proficiency in Dutch is recommended, but international students can be accommodated for all programmes due to the considerable amount of elective courses taught in English and to the small groups in which studio practice is taught.
- Applications Deadline: August 20, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue doctoral research programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the Arts. Spatial Experiences: visual, auditory, sensorimotor, tactile and conceptual.
- Scholarship Award: We offer a four-year doctoral scholarship at KU Leuven starting within the calendar year of 2018. The initial contract covers 1 year. After the positive evaluation, this can be extended with 1 year and subsequently with 2 years.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not known
- Scholarship can be taken in Belgium
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- You have masters in design or art practice or masters in another field with strong international artistic or design portfolio.
- Your practice has a clear research dimension that is relevant to the project.
- You are willing to work in a team and to play an active role within the LUCA research group Art, Space & Context and the Department of Art / Architecture at the KULeuven.
- You have the skills to complete a comprehensive, long-term research project within the given time-frame of four years.
- You are willing to communicate your research at conferences, through artistic or design presentations and through publications.
- You will investigate space in all its forms and implications. And you are interested in the material and immaterial qualities of space in its political and social context.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: We expect your written application by email before the deadline of Saturday 30 June 2018.
Your candidature contains:
– A letter of motivation, in which you describe how you position yourself within the field of art, research and education, and how you would like to make a contribution to the development of research within LUCA.
– A copy of the relevant degrees.
– A comprehensive CV, including artistic portfolio and a list of publications (if applicable).
– An outline of your research project (max. 500 words).
Only complete candidatures will be accepted for evaluation. All documents should be merged into one PDF. If the PDF exceeds 10 MB it should be sent using an online file transfer service (such as We Transfer). The file should not exceed 30 MB.