Vacancy Number: AFCAC/0001
Organization / Company Name: Afghans Coordination against Corruption (AFCAC)
Employment Type: Contractual
Position Title: Research Expert
Contract Duration: 40 Days
No. of Jobs: 1
Experience: 5 Year(s) relevant.
Start Date: March 13, 2019
Expiration Date: March 20, 2019
Education: Bachelor degree
In view of the wide-spread corruption and lack of transparency and accountability in
the government, and private sector; a number of Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) decided to establish a coalition against corruption at a large meeting held on 25 February 2012 in Kabul. Following this meeting, the coalition was formally launched on 29 March 2012 in Kabul. AFCAC registered with Ministry of Economy in as an independent legal entity in November 2013. AFCAC aims to foster positive change and contribute to a more comprehensive, coherent and inclusive fight against corruption in Afghanistan. AFCAC strives to foster national dialogue, mobilize civil society for anti-corruption campaigns, and promote partnership building among anticorruption stakeholders in order to influence national level policies aimed at
creating a new Afghanistan that has the needs and priorities of the population at heart.
The overall strategic goal of “AFCAC” is to fight corruption in Afghanistan through non-discrimination & non-confidential manner by strengthening the role of Civil Society Organizations taking into consideration the Afghan Justice Standards and procedures.
The research consultant will be responsible for overall in charge of developing research methodology, analyzing collected data and developing the final report on asset declaration and registration.
About the Research
Afghans Coordination Against Corruption – AFCAC is currently implementing the project “Enhancing Transparency/Accountability and Mitigating Corruption through Public Mobilization, Awareness and Advocacy Initiatives” funded by Counterpart International. This project will be implemented in Kabul and Nangarhar provinces. The project has two main components, Enhancing Transparency and Accountability and effectiveness of Assets Declaration and Registration system by Research and Advocacy initiatives.
According to the reports and general public perception the asset declaration and registration by the government officials has become just a formality. So, there is a strong need to conduct a comprehensive and standard research to find the problems and concrete evidences; and based on the concrete evidences launch advocacy initiatives for reforms.
This research aims to monitor and report on the asset declaration and registration current system and also present the general public perception on the current asset registration system. The research will be identified the gaps and problems in the current system of asset declaration and suggesting solutions for fulfilling the identified gaps and shortcomings in the system. Later on an evidence based Advocacy campaign will be launched to pressurize and convince the government to improve the system and take effective steps for its proper implementation.
- DUTIES & RESPOSIBILITES
Some of the main duties and responsibilities of the consultant are as following:
- 1 Design of the research
• Develop research methodology to measure the perception of people on asset declaration process, registration, legal framework, problems and suggestions.
• Design research instruments that the survey teams will use.
• Design sampling plan, and work plan for the project
- Develop and conduct orientation session to data collectors
- 2 Conducting of the research
• Ensure that the survey teams’ quality of work and their completion according to a strict timeline.
• Conduct secondary/desk research on reports published, services, and on laws regulating asset declaration in Afghanistan.
• Work closely with AFCAC staff in order to facilitate conduct of research and other project related activities
- 3 Analysis and finalization of the report
- Analyze the data collected through interviews and surveys.
• Present draft report and finding to the management and teams.
• Write a narrative analytical report that combines the desk research with qualitative data collected and analyzed from other Assessments.
• Full report will be in English. However, the consultant may review the translated version of the report if possible and available.
• Revised the report based upon internal peer and board reviewer’s feedback and comments.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Advanced degree in the Law, Business Administration, Economics or related fields.
- At least 5 years of research professional experience
- Excellent facilitation and coordination skills
- In-depth knowledge of asset declaration and registration process in Afghanistan
- Ability to analyze data in SPSS
- Fluency in English and national languages
Note: The Subject line of your email must indicate the post title and exact vacancy number.
Interested candidates are requested to send their applications along with copies of their
CVs (NOT Educational and Work Certificates), to the attention of Human Resources Department to the following emails:
Short listed candidates will be directly contacted for interview. If you are not contacted ONE WEEK after the closing date please know that your application has not been successful for the post.