Deadline: 17 April 2020
The GlobalGiving Accelerator is an opportunity for you and your organization to build skills, access tools, and grow your base of supporters to achieve crowdfunding success. When you graduate, your organization becomes a permanent member of GlobalGiving, and you’ll have access to all the tools, training, and one-on-one support available in the GlobalGiving community.
The GlobalGiving Accelerator is a virtual training program and crowdfunding campaign that will help you take your fundraising to the next level. Following an optional one-week training curriculum, you’ll be entered into an Accelerator campaign where you’ll raise at least $5,000 total from a minimum of 40 different donors in order to graduate and secure a permanent fundraising spot on the GlobalGiving platform.
Global Giving will provide $30,000+ in matching funding and bonus prizes for participating organizations.
Win Extra Funding from GlobalGiving!
- Bonus Day: During the Accelerator, GlobalGiving will have one Bonus Day during which GlobalGiving will match online donations up to $1,000.
- Most Funds Raised Prizes: At the conclusion of the Accelerator campaign, the project with the most funds raised during the campaign will receive $3,000. The organization that raises the second highest amount will receive $2,000 and the organization with the third highest amount will receive $1,000.
- Most Unique Donors Prize: At the conclusion of the Accelerator, the project with the most unique donors during the campaign will receive an exclusive reward.
Training Topics Include:
- Crowdfunding 101;
- Mapping your potential donor network;
- Storytelling and email appeals; and
- Creating SMART goals.
Benefits for Graduates
Organizations that successfully complete the GlobalGiving Accelerator by raising at least $5,000 total from a minimum 40 different donors will earn:
- Permanent membership in the GlobalGiving community, including ongoing opportunities to attract new corporate and individual donors;
- Inclusion in a GlobalGiving press release announcing the Accelerator graduates;
- A custom media kit to help promote your accomplishment;
- A certificate of completion from GlobalGiving;
- Additional promotional opportunities, including through GlobalGiving’s social media or homepage, for top-performers.
- Any registered nonprofit (anywhere in the world!) is eligible to apply;
- GlobalGiving ’ll support you as you reach out to your own networks, and tell your story in new and compelling ways;
- Donors can give in USD or GBP, helping you reach your supporters in the US, the UK, and beyond. Global Giving’ll also provide matching incentives for your donors, and bonus prizes for the most successful participants.
Note: Organizations participating in the Accelerator can only post one project on the GlobalGiving platform during the Accelerator. This way you can focus your fundraising efforts on that one project to ensure you reach the $5,000 from 40 unique donor goal! If your organization graduates from the Accelerator (by reaching the goal of raising $5,000 USD from 40 unique donors), you can post as many projects as you would like.
Applications must be submited online via given website.
For more information, visit https://www.globalgiving.org/accelerator/