The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialized countries from all disciplines and with at least two years’ professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
German Universities offering development-related postgraduate courses
Level/Field(s) of Study:
Masters or PhD courses in Economic Sciences/Business Administration/Political Economics; Development Cooperation; Engineering and Related Sciences; Mathematics; Regional and Urban Planning; Agricultural and Forest Sciences; Natural and Environmental Sciences; Medicine and Public Health; Social Sciences, Education and Law; and Media Studies.
- Opportunity type: Fully Funded
- Opportunity: Scholarship
- Scholarship Level: Master degree | PhD degree
- Scholarship Name: DAAD Scholarship
- No. of Scholarship: Limited
- Gender: Male and Female
Number of Scholarships:
Young professionals from developing countries
The scholarships include monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates; payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover; and travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
The scholarship duration is 12 to 24 months (depending on the particular institution) for Masters and 36 months for PhD.
• Works either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas.
• Holds a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject.
• Has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and ideally at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor).
• His/her academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old.
• For study courses in German (scholarship includes a 6-month German language course): Successful passing of the language examination DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 before the start of the study course. Therefore a minimum German language level of B1 at the time of application is a requirement, that needs to be proofed by providing a certificate.
• For courses in English: IELTS (Band 6) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213 computer based, 80 internet based)
Applications must be made directly to the respective course. Please refer to the respective course websites for the application procedure, the application deadline, and the documents to be submitted. Deadline varies depending on the course but falls around August-October 2020.
- All Expenses will be paid
- Monthly allowance
- 850 Euros Master degree
- 1200 Euros PhD degree
- Health insurance
- 1 year – 2 year for Master degree
- 3 years for a PhD degree
Requirements | DAAD Scholarship
- English language proficiency
- Toefl ibt 80
- IELTS 6
- German Language proficiency
- DSH 2
- TestDaF 4
- 2 year of work experience
- Applicant should have a Bachelor degree
Documents | DAAD Scholarship
- Language proficiency Certificates
- employment proof
- Motivation letter
- DAAD Application form
- The CV (hand-signed. Use http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/)
- Recommendation letter
- Work experience
- Bachelor degree
- Academic transcripts
- High school certificate
How to Apply
Please read more information ( Show me information )