Application Deadline: March 15th, 2020
2020 Adam Smith Fellowship for International Students: International students are invited to apply for the Adam Smith Fellowship programme a programme co-sponsored by the Mercatus Center and Liberty Fund Inc. The Fellowship aims at introducing students to and encouraging them to critically engage key thinkers in political economy which they may have not encountered during their graduate programme.
Adams Smith Fellowships are awarded to graduate students attending PhD programmes at any university and in any discipline, including but not restricted to economics, sociology, political science and philosophy.
Adams smith fellowship details
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Mercatus Center and Liberty Fund, Inc.
Fellowship to be taken at: Austria
Fellowship level: PhD
Fellowship Worth: $10,000
Subject Eligibility: Any discipline
The scholarship is for doctoral students all over the world
To be considered for the 2020 Adam Smith Fellowship for International Students, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants are to provide a 1-2 page cover letter explaining his/her graduate school career till date, research interest and type of research completed.
- Applicants are to demonstrate familiarity with the thinkers associated with the Austrian, Virginia, and Bloomington schools of political economy.
- Applicants must have obtained a Master’s and bachelor’s degree from any discipline from a recognized university or its equivalent.
- Applicants must state why the fellowship programme is important to him or her and what he or she would hope to get out of the programme.
- Applicants must be registered full-time doctoral students who possess the passion to learn about political economy.
Applicants are to visit the official application webpage and complete the online application form while ensuring that all information required are provided. Applicants must ensure that they submit their application before the application deadline as late entries will not be processed.
For more information and applying click the official link below here: