Deadline: 3 August 2020
Commonwealth Exchange Programme 2020 is inviting applications from Young Professional people to come in the United Kingdom to spend 3 Months in different Development sectors of the UK. There is NO registration fee for applying in this Short Summer exchange Program in the United Kingdom.This program is funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID) for low-income family members and from developing countries.
All applicants having Any academic background & Any sort of qualification can apply for this Commonwealth fellowship program. Commonwealth Professional Fellowship Programme will be given to experienced candidates. So Job experience is compulsory in the selection of this Fellowship in UK. Disabled person can also apply for this Fully Funded Scholarship in UK.
The main objective of this initiative is To provide professionals people with the opportunity to enhance knowledge and skills in their given sector, and to have catalytic effects on their workplaces.
Commonwealth Exchange Programme 2020 Details
- Country: United Kingdom
- Duration: 3 Months & 6 Weeks
- Sponsored by: UK Department for International Development (DFID)
- Deadline: 3 August 2020
Main Objective of Fellowship
This fellowship main objective to work under 6 categories mention below such as:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security, and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion, and opportunity
- Confirm Return Air ticket
- Stipend: £1,696 per month, or £2,104 per month for those at organizations in the London metropolitan area
- Visa Process fee will be reimbursed.
- Arrival allowance of up to £953 including for warm cloths
- Accommodation fee of £800 will be given by Host organization
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Have at least five years’ full-time, or equivalent part-time, relevant work experience, in a profession related to the subject of the Fellowships program,
- voluntary work experience will not be counted as work experience
- Be in employment at the time of application that they will return to upon completion of the fellowship.
- Not have undertaken a Commonwealth Professional Fellowship within the last five years
- Not be seeking to undertake an academic program of research or study in the UK.
- Academics are eligible to apply for the scheme, but only to undertake programs of academic management, not research or courses relevant to their research subject.
Host Programmes for 2020
The following organizations have been approved by the Commission to host Professional Fellowships for the current round. Information on each programme along with the eligibility criteria is available below for each organization as well as a link to their Website for more information. Please note the eligibility criteria carefully as applications not matching the stated criteria will be deemed ineligible and will not be considered by the Host organisation.
British Geological Survey
Cardiff University, The Phoenix Project
Central & North West London NHS Foundation Trust
Doncaster and Bassetlaw Teaching Hospital NHS Trust
Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience, King’s College London
Knowledge for Change
Liverpool John Moores University
Meriden Family Programme
Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust
The Law Society of England and Wales
The Royal Veterinary College
UK Statistics Authority
University of East London- School of Health, Sport and Bioscience
University of Salford
How To Apply For Commonwealth Exchange Programme
Your application must include at least two references by this date, one of which must be from your current employer, otherwise, it will be considered ineligible.
Once the closing date for Fellows’ applications and references has passed your application will be shared with the Host organization you have applied to in order for them to review all applications and nominate the candidates they wish to put forward to the Commission. The Commission will make the final selections of individual Fellows.