Application deadline: February 8, 2021
Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism at the University of Oxford accepts application for its 2021-22 Cohort of Journalism Fellowship Programme. This fellowship is one of the world’s preeminent programs for practicing and mid-career journalists to take some time out of their daily journalism work and uncover journalism in depth by attending this program. During this fellowship, you will engage in personal research, seminars, and networking events, and discussion with your peers. If you or your friends/colleagues are journalists and would like to have a wonderful experience, then apply for this fellowship.
Institution: Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism, University of Oxford
Duration: 3-6 months
Number of fellows: About 30 fellows each year
Start dates: October 2021, January 2022, and April 2022
Notification to Fellows for October 2021: 12 April 2021 d
This fellowship is mostly fully funded. It provides to successful applicants:
- Their program fees
- A monthly stipend of £2,000, which will be enough to cover the cost of lodging, food, and general living costs.
- Travel expanse to and from the UK and any visa costs.
Furthermore, some Journalist Fellows who are employees of sponsoring organizations that run their own application process and selection criteria can also apply.
Other unique benefits available to fellows:
- They will be embedded in a leading-edge institution that is shaping key media debates.
- Fellows will be part of an institution with a global prospect.
- Participants will be part of one of the world’s greatest universities.
What are the fellows’ responsibilities?
- While in Oxford, fellows will work on a project that will be relevant to them, their career, newsroom, and the wider media industry, bringing in what they learn during their time in the fellowship.
- This is a program for working journalists and editors who will return to journalism after completing the program.
To be eligible for the institute’s journalist fellowships, applicants must meet these requirements:
- Have a minimum of five years’ journalistic experience, or in exceptional cases demonstrate an equal level of expertise.
- The Journalist Fellowships are open to journalists from all over the world, including Europe, Africa, the Asia-Pacific region, North America, and Latin America.
- Meet the English language requirements of the university to be able to continue the program.
- Fellows should commit to returning to their work after they complete their fellowship.
How To Apply
Prospective applicants can apply online for this fellowship.