Deadline: 30 June 2021
The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation by financial sponsorship of the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development offers the Georg Forster Research Fellowship in postdoctoral degree in Germany. This fellowship is designed for applicants from developing countries with outstanding academic performance and who completed their Ph.D. degrees for less than four years. Applicants can choose their research topic and host an institute in Germany independently. Applicants who meet the eligibility can apply to this fully-funded program.
Program sponsor by: Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)
Level of Program: Postdoctoral
Type of fellowship: Research
Deadline: 30 June 2021
Host institute: Alexander Von Humboldt foundation
Duration: 6 to 24 months
Eligible countries: all developing and transition countries excluding China and India
Benefits of fellowship:
- 2670 Euros per month
- Medical and liability insurance
- Traveling costs
- Fellowship language course
- Supports for applicant’s family member (children under 18 years, 400 Euro for the first child and 100 Euro for other children for stays of at least three months).
- Fellowship extension possibility up to 12 months
- 800 Euros per month for host institute as a subsidy towards research costs in the area of natural science and engineering and 500 Euro per month for the research area in the humanities and social science.
- Opportunity to stay in any European country to perform the fellowship.
- Mentorship opportunity.
- Applicants must obtain academic records to date (mobility, determination, research activities breadth, educational productivity).
- Key publications qualification such as originality, innovation degree, and contribution through different authorship.
- Research outline potential and originality including discipline, research methods, academic development perceptive, specification, the feasibility of realization within the funding period, and chosen host university/institute.
- Applicant academic performance records, educational development, career prospects, etc.
- Applicants must hold a Ph.D. degree or equivalent less than four years prior up to application deadline. (an applicant who is close to complete their degree must provide the manuscript of their dissertation or publication containing the result of their thesis).
- Applicant’s academic performance and paper must be according to the international standards.
- Research outline/topic applicants choose and its benefits for the future development of his/her home country.
- Find a host institution in Germany
- Applicants must have excellent language knowledge in humanities or social science and medicine, German language/English.
- Applicants must have lived in one of the developing countries.
- Must be able to conduct the fellowship program for a minimum of 12 months.
- Applicants must have work experience in one of the eligible countries.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified applicants must process the online application form and upload the essential documents asked there.