The United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) offers a unique summer school for young female professionals working in the areas of peace and security to build their capacity and help them acquire practical and professional skills as well as experience to master effective leadership for peace. Named “SheLeads4Peace Summer School”, the program will help participants gain direct experience at the United Nations and learn from experts in the fields of peace and security.
Application deadline: 13 June 2021
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
School dates: 2- 13 August 2021
- Fees and accommodation: 2950$
- Fees excluding accommodation: 2450$
- Participants will gain first-hand practical and professional skills.
- They will develop a unique experience that will help them in becoming an effective leader for peace.
- Will get the opportunity to learn from experts from the world of peace and multilateralism.
- Furthermore, the school attendees will further broaden their professional network of strong women working towards a common goal.
Program content and structure
The #SheLeads4Peace Summer School will include 4 modules and two weeks of full-day experiential sessions concentrated on effective leadership for peace for young women as well as becoming familiar with International Geneva and the sustaining peace ecosystem.
1st module: International Geneva and the sustaining peace ecosystem
2nd module: Effective leadership:
3rd module: Becoming the next generation of women leaders for peace
4th module: Tips, tricks and navigating those early-career obstacles
Who can apply?
- The program is designed for young (self-identifying) women who want to transform from further education to practice-based work and the workplace.
- Women who wish to start their careers with the self-awareness to be effective leaders for peace.
- Preferable, women who are in a post-graduate discipline (master or Ph.D.) level in the first and second year of their career are welcome to apply.
- Outstanding candidates in the final year of their undergraduate degree can also apply.
- UNITAR appreciates applications from minority groups, indigenous groups, and persons with disabilities.
- If the Summer School receives too many applications, priority will be given to applicants who are already leaders within their communities.
How To Apply
Applicants can apply online at the link below.