Swiss government Excellence Scholarship program for the Academic year of 2022-2023
Swiss government offers its Excellence scholarship for foreign students from over 180 countries to create an international exchange. Federal Commission for scholarships for foreign students (FCS).
Young artists who hold a bachelor’s degree and researchers with a master’s degree or Ph.D. can apply to this scholarship program.
The Swiss Excellence scholarship is available for the following countries:
- Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cap Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cote D ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea North, Korea South, Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Marshall Island, Mauritania, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Palestinian Authority, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Republic of Congo, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Salomon Islands, Samoa, Santa Lucia, Sao Tome and principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Spain, Sri Lanka, St. Kitts and Nevis, St- Vincent and the Grenadines, Sudan, Surinam, Swaziland / eSwatini, Sweden, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, UK, USA, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vatican City State, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
For Afghanistan there are three types of scholarships:
- Ph.D. Scholarships
- Post Doctoral Scholarship
- Research Scholarships
Details of Research Scholarship for Afghanistan
Start of Application: August 1
Deadline: September 30, Location: Swiss
Level of study: Research Duration: 12 months maximum
Start of the program: September 1, the next year
Targeted group: eligible postgraduate researchers from all academic fields as well as young medical doctors
Details of Swiss Excellence Scholarship for Afghanistan:
Deadline: September 30,
Level of study:
- Post doctoral
- 3 years maximum for PhD
- 12 months for research and Postdoctoral studies.
Benefits of the scholarship:
Swiss Excellence Scholarships offers the following expenses:
- Monthly stipend of CHF 1,920 for Research and Ph.D., CHF 3,500 for Postdoctoral studies
- Health Insurance
- One way trip flight ticket from Swiss to the home country
- CHF 300 allowance for housing
- Half-fare public transportation card for one year
- Support for various trips organized for scholarship holders
Who can apply for Swiss PhD scholarships?
The applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a master degree or equivalent or receive it by July 31 2022
- Not born before December 31, 1986
- Not have been more than 1 year in Switzerland
- Not have received Swiss scholarship previously
Required documents for Swiss Government Scholarships:
Applicants should prepare the following document:
- Letter from an academic host professor at Swiss University he/she choose. The professor’s CV should be included. The letter should indicate that the professor is willing to supervise the mentioned student at his/her Ph.D. thesis.
- Full CV
- Motivation letter – not be more than two pages
- Two confidential letters of recommendation from two different professors
- Academic certificates and transcripts
- Signed medical certificate
- Admission letter from doctoral school with application dossier
- Signed Research proposal (maximum 5 pages)
- Proficient in research /PhD studies language
- Two copies of the passport
How to apply?
Applicants from Afghanistan can check all detailed information about the Swiss Excellence Scholarships HERE and Applicants from countries other than Afghanistan Should find their country specified scholarships HERE( A-L countries | M-Z Countries ), read the details, and apply accordingly.
To apply for research or Postdoctoral studies you can download and read the details linked below.
Afghan Applicants can get and submit the application form to the address below: Kabul@eda.admin.ch.
Please note the Afghanistan applicants must apply firstly at PhD program for admission, and simultaneously apply for Scholarship. Applicants can get the application package from the download link below or by email from the Swiss Cooperation Office Afghanistan in Kabul. Then submit 2 sets of the application (a copy and original )