Apply Before : September 30, 2021
DAAD Scholarship is open for applicants who want to study their master’s degree in Infrastructure Planning (MIP) in Germany. This is a fully-funded scholarship that covers all the expenses.
The program is divided into four semesters: A number of basic mandatory modules is delivered in the first semester to expand students’ professional perspective, the second semester offers a variety of electives to the advanced students. In the third semester, as well as additional electives, an extensive case study deals with the complex problems of infrastructure planning and the challenges of teamwork which provides training in methods and techniques applied successfully in Germany. During the fourth semester, students write their Master’s thesis about how to tackle a problem or project relevant to the student’s home country.
Who can apply:
Civil engineers, architects and urban planners, students with a desire to broaden their vision into infrastructure planning and prepare for international and complicated planning tasks.
- Having at least a Bachelor or equivalent in civil engineering, architecture, urban planning or related fields
- At least two years of relevant professional experience is required only for DAAD scholarship applicants; self-financing students can enter the program without professional experience
- English; TOEFL (550 PBT, 213 CBT, 79 iBT) or IELTS (Band 6.0)
- From 1st August to September 30: DAAD Scholarships (Course start in winter next year)
- From 1st August 2020 to February 15, 2021: Self-Financed Students (Course start in winter of the same year)
- January (NEXT YEAR): Confirmation of acceptance.
- Beginning of September (NEXT YEAR): German course.
- Middle of October 2021: Beginning of first academic term.
Course language English. Students are obligated to attend German classes offered by the University during the program.
Location: Universität Stuttgart (University of Stuttgart)
Starting Date: every year in October
Duration: Four semesters
German language course duration prior to program: 6 weeks (starting at 1st September)
If documents are not in English/German, a translation of documents are also required with the original stamp/signature of an official translator along with the copy of original documents:
- Certificate of High school graduation
- Bachelor degree certificate
- University transcript including CGPA
- Document from the university indicating max. /min. grade and grading system for Bachelor degree
- English Proficiency Certificate (The minimum requirement: TOEFL: 550 PBT, 213 CBT, 79 iBT or IELTS (IELTS academic test): Band 6.0.)
Important: Only native speakers with official nationality (provide passport copy) from the USA, Ireland, UK, Australia, Canada are exempt.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Two Recommendation letters (academic or professional)
- Motivation letter (explaining why you choose MIP and what your career plans are)
(These documents are optional for Self-Financing students)
- A minimum of two years of Work certificate(s) for working periods after your graduation (internships during Bachelor studies are not accepted).
- Confirmation of study leave from current employer (if applicable)
- Additional university degrees (if applicable, e.g. second Bachelor/Master degree you hold)
- Completed DAAD-application form (Only for students applying for DAAD scholarship)