Deadline: November 30, 2021
University of Central Asia (UCA) in partnership with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is offering a Scholarship program in various fields of studies. Applicants from Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, and northern Pakistan can apply to this scholarship.
Fields of study:
- Computer Science
- Business Administration
- Communication studies/media science
- Earth and Environmental Sciences
Level of study: PhD
Duration: 4 years
The UCA and DAAD joint scholarship offers covers the full expenses including the following:
- €1200 Monthly
- Health, accident, and personal liability insurance
- Travel allowances
- research allowance
Under certain circumstances, the following may also be provided:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying family members
- TWO-month language course before the research stay
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- the gap between the graduation and application deadline should not be more than 6 years.
- Have a good knowledge of the medium of instruction (German language usually) and for natural sciences and engineering good English language skills proof will be accepted.
Criteria for selection
- the quality of the research project and quality of research project presentation
- originality, relevance and topicality of the research project
- Reason for selecting the host institution
- Academic qualifications
- Academic achievements and duration of studies
- Online application form
- Full CV in tabular form
- List of publications (if available)
- An extensive and detailed description of the research proposal and previous research work(s) (not more than 10 pages).
- Academic diploma and transcripts
- other supporting documents
- Language Skills proof
- German or English translation of documents if not in English or German
- Letter of confirmation from the supervising teacher (if individually supervised by university teacher ) and letter of admission to a study program (if participating in a doctoral study program).
To submit by post: applicants can send one recent reference letter that is hand-signed, no digital or scanned signature from a university teacher to be sent to DAAD information Center in Bishkek by 30.6.2021. Due to pandemic situations, applicants can submit their applications without an application reference.
DAAD Information Center Bishkek
Ul. Isanova 143/1
How To Apply
Applicants for UCA and DAAD SCholarship can apply online by DAAD Portal.
For consultation and more information, you can contact DAAD information Center Bishkek via phone or email: +996(312)323948 | firstname.lastname@example.org