Application deadline: July 19, 2022
The University of Auckland in New Zealand accepts applications for the Asian Development Bank- Japan Scholarship program 2022. This scholarship is offered for students from developing countries to pursue a master’s degree in New Zealand.
General information of the program:
The Asian Development Bank- Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP) was initiated in April 1988 with receiving its funds from the Japanese government. The purpose of the program is to provide a unique opportunity for well-qualified citizens of ADB’s developing member states to pursue their postgraduate studies in economics, management, science, technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asia-Pacific region.
After completion of their study programs, the scholars are expected to contribute to the economic and social development of their home countries.
ADB Scholarship verified fields of study at the University of Auckland:
The scholarship is offered for the following fields at the master’s level:
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Science (Environmental Science)
- Master of Arts (Development Studies)
- Master of International Business
- Masters Programmes in Engineering
This scholarship covers:
- Tuition fees at the University of Auckland
- Travel expense from the applicant’s home country to Auckland, New Zealand
- Travel expense to the applicant’s home country from Auckland, New Zealand at the end of the applicant’s study programme
- Basic costs of accommodation in Auckland
- Health and medical insurance expense in New Zealand
- Scholars engaged in research programs, will enjoy a special grant for their thesis preparation
Note: The ADB-JSP does not cover dependents.
Applicants considered eligible must:
- Be a national of an ADB borrowing member. For a list of current developing member countries visit ADB- Japan Scholarship Programme.
- Have received admission to an approved master’s degree at an approved academic institution
- Have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with a brilliant academic record
- Have at least a two-year full-time professional work experience (gained after a university degree ) at the time of application
- Have proficiency in oral and written English communication in order to be able to pursue studies abroad
- Be under the age of 35 at the time of application. But in exceptional cases, for programs suitable for senior officials and/or managers, the age limit is 45 years.
- Enjoy good health conditions.
- Agree to return to your home country after completion of the programme.
Those who are considered ineligible:
- Executive directors, alternate directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned ones.
- Staff of JSP-related institutions cannot apply to their own institution.
- Applicants living or working in a country other than his/her own country.
- Applicants who are already enrolled in master’s degree programmes or who have already completed master’s degree programmes.
- Undergraduate level studies, distance learning programmes, short-term training, conferences, seminars, thesis writing, and research projects are deemed ineligible.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must fully submit the following documents before the closing date:
- Completed ADB-JSP Information Sheet
- Completed ADB-JSP Application Form
- Copy of your offer letter to the University of Auckland
- Academic documents – both academic transcripts and degree certificates/diploma
- Employment certificate for the duration of employment issued by the company in which you have worked
- Certificate of Income issued by the company
- Certificate of Family Income issued by the company. Must be either your parent or spouse’s annual/monthly income.
- Copy of your Passport
- Valid IELTS test
Selection and ending date:
- Applications have now closed for study programs commencing in 2021.
- Applications for study programs commencing in 2021 will close on19 July 2021.
- Selection process of the scholarship will last between 22 July – 27 September 2021.
- Successful applicants will be notified by November 2021.
- Applications for study programs commencing in 2022 will close on19 July 2022.
- Selection process of the scholarship will last between 22 July – 27 September 2022.
- Successful applicants will be notified by November 2022.
Documents submission guideline: All the above-mentioned documents must be submitted in full by post and received by the University of Auckland no later than 19 July 2022.
Address to send your documents:
University of Auckland
Private Bag 92019
Note: If we require further information and documentation from you, we will be in touch via email. Otherwise, all applicants will be notified of the outcome by November 2022.