Deadline: 7 June 2021
Applications are now open for the Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar Early-Career Fellowship (IITGN-ECF) 2021. The fellowship provides young scientists/researchers with the opportunity to work on amazing challenges or research problems in an innovative and interdisciplinary ecosystem. The institute provides this fellowship program to young scholars with an outstanding background whose dream is to work in an interdisciplinary scholarly environment. If you are one of them, this is right for you
Details of the fellowship
Deadline: 7 June 2021
Awarding institution: Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)-Gandhinagar
Duration: two years
Fields of work: Any
The fellowship includes:
- 1,00,000 /month (Rs. 90,000/- plus Rs 10,000/- HRA).
- A professional development fund worth up to Rs. 2.00 Lakh/year will be offered that also supports international travel for attending conferences, workshops, training programs, etc.
- Fellows will have the chance to submit individual proposals for funds to organize seminars, workshops etc.
- In addition, fellows in the program will enjoy access not only to their allocated department but to the whole research infrastructure and facility of the Institute, which rewards interdisciplinarity.
- Providing the possibility of extraordinary personal and professional development, IITGN-ECF will prepare you for an independent futuristic academic career.
- Fellows will work with an IITGN faculty member on a clearly identified research problem that could result in a significant scholarly contribution through scholarly publications.
- Fellows are also expected to involve in teaching, supervising student projects, performing scholarly activities, and attending international workshops.
- The fellowship will prepare fellows to be a prominent scholar and an academic leader for tomorrow.
- The fellowship is available to scholars both from Indian and foreign nationalities.
- Candidates should have successfully defended their doctoral dissertation compete at an Indian university on or after 1st January 2020 and their research work should be of high ranking with supporting scientific publications.
- Those who have handed in their Ph.D. thesis or are expected to and in the months before the closing date are also eligible to apply.
How To Apply
Applicants can apply online by filling in the application form.