About the internship
Applications for the second batch of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) 2021-22 internship program just opened today. The Internship Program provides a project-focused learning opportunity for graduate scholars to acquire experience through research assignments based on ADB’s current operational needs.
ADB welcomes inspired, open-minded, and self-directed individuals from its member countries, including Afghanistan, to apply for this great opportunity.
- 1st batch: 15 July to 15 September 2021
- On board: January 2022 onwards
- 2nd batch: 1 December 2021 to 31 January 2022
- On board: June 2022 onwards
Awarding institution: ADB
Benefits of ADB Internship Program
The internship program renders the opportunity to:
- work in an important international development organization;
- work in teams with qualified experts from more than 50 different countries;
- obtain a more comprehensive insight of development finance and the impact of the work ADB does; and
- Contribute to ADB’s business through research contributions.
Internship applicants must:
- Hold enrolment in a Master’s- or PhD-level program at a school in one of the ADB member countries, both before and after the internship assignment;
- be involved in academic study in a field directly linked to ADB’s work;
- be a citizen of one of ADB’s members;
- have excellent proficiency in English; and
- Have professional experience of relevance to the assignment.
ADB assesses applications based on eligibilities, the relevance of the scholarly study and work experience; and the level of passion and motivation to contribute to development work. ADB also observes institutional representation, gender, and nationality balance in the internship selection process.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How To Apply
Eligible applicants apply online through the ADB Career and Employment System (ACES).