Deadline: November 9, 2021
he Diversity Visa (DV) program was founded in 1990 by the Immigration Act starting in 1995. 55,000 immigrant visas are available for countries with historically low rates of immigration to the United States.
These immigrant visas are distributed among 6 regions of the world:
The following countries are not eligible to apply for the DV:
Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, China (Including Hong Kong SAR), Colombia, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Haiti, Honduras, India, Jamaica, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, South Korea, United Kingdom, and its dependent territories, Venezuela, and Vietnam.
Each year, the DV lottery registration is open for a specific period. The DV Lottery of 2023 is available on October 6, 2021, and ends on November 9, 2021.
Who is eligible to apply for the USA Green card?
- Be natives of countries with historically low rates of migration to the United States
- Born in eligible countries (or his/her spouse born in eligible countries)
- Having at least high school education (12 years) or equivalent, or having at least two years of experience in an occupation that requires a minimum of two years of training or experience to perform.
Necessity Information to complete your entry
- The Passport Number, Country of Issuance, and expiration date (The passport requirement is not for those who are dependent)
- Recent photographs of all the members who want to apply (taken within the six months)
- Your photo must meet the same standards as a U.S. Visa photo
- Mailing Address (City/Town, District/Province/States, Postal Code/Zip Code)
- The place/country you live today
- Contact Number (Optional)
- Email Address
- Your education degree (primary school, secondary school, high school, vocational school, university degrees)
- Marital Status
- Number of Children (List name, date of birth, gender, place of birth)
- Married children and those children who are over 21 years of aged must submit their entry separately
The requirement of the photo:
- Dimension: 1200x 1200 pixels or 600×600 pixels
- The existing photo scan should be 51×51 mm in size and 300 pixels per inch resolution
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- Taken in front of plain white or off-white background
- Your both eyes must be open
- Your clothes must be normal
- No hat, headphones, wireless hands-free devices, eyeglasses.
- Your image must be in JPEG file format, less than 240 kb, height must equal width (600*600 pixels)
- While taking a photo of your baby or toddler no other person should be in the photo and should be looking directly at the camera with his/her eyes open.
For DV 2021, 2022, 2023 the applicants need to have a valid traveling passport. In family registration, only the main applicant (father/mother) needs to have a passport.
Note: do not submit an entry to the DV program unless you meet the above requirements.
How To Apply
The person with the above requirement can fill the online application form that is available only on the DV Lottery Official Website.