Scholarships to study Small Enterprise Promotion and Training-SEPT (MBA) in Germany are available through the German Academic Exchange Service.
Applicants with a four-year bachelor’s degree in law, medicine, economics, social and natural sciences, environmental sciences, media, or communication studies can apply to the STEP programme at Leipzig University in Germany to pursue a Master’s degree in Small and Medium-sized Enterprise Development and Training (MBA).
Opportunity Type: Fully Funded, Partially Funded
Language Requirement: Not Required
Language of Instruction: English
Institution: Leipzig University-established in 1409 as the second university in Germany
Duration: 4 semesters
for self -finance studies: March 15 for the following winter semester of the same year
DAAD Scholarship: October 1 of the previous year of study start
Start of the program: October
Ø the same year for Self-financed
Ø the following year for DAAD applicants
Level of study:
· Master’s Degree
Cost and fees:
· Each semester fee for students who want to study on self-finance is 1500 Euro (totally 6000 Euro)
· Cost of living Approximately 650 Euro
Course focus and duration:
The main focus of the SEPT course is on economic issues
· The course supporting is based on small business coping with survival to promoting innovative, dynamic, enterprises
· Advance practical trainings for upcoming professionals and staff members
· New idea and Possibilities inside SMEs innovation and their growth potential will be covered
· Duration of the course will be four semesters, and the first two semesters the participant will be taught formal training and lessons, and the next two semesters will be for practical/ internship, around Garman institutes or elsewhere in Europe.
· The course content delivered mainly within the first two semesters at the university is taught in modules.
· During the second semester, the participant will be able to choose two of the three modules according to their interests.
· After completing the program with a master thesis, the participants will be evaluated and present their research results. Then they submit their Master thesis documenting their research results.
· Two months’ preparation course
· Enterprises with practical experiences
· Have an academic background in economics, business management, geography, law, politics, administration, and related areas
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
· Four years Bachelor degree (student from India with a three-year bachelor degree can apply if they have 60% of a minimum grade
· Basic knowledge of economics or economic issues
· Excellent Computer Skills
· Have two years of work experience
· Important documents:(German/English)
· Letter of motivation maximum two pages (make clear why do you want to be part of SEPT program)
· Copy of school certificate
· University diploma with transcript
· English proficiency certificate: TOEFL (IBT 79, PBT 550, CBT 2013) or, IELTS (6)
· Employment proof certificate
· Two recommendation letter one academic and one professional
· Written application
· Confirmation of scholarship-donor if applicable or status of the application procedure.
How To Apply
To apply to SEPT MBA program, applicants need to consider the following points:
· to fill the online application form, prepare all the required documents, and send them all to the address written below.
Your documents must have an ink signature and ink stamp from your academic places
· Your documents must be translated into German or English
· Please remember to send the copy of your original documents because the documents submitted, cannot be returned
· Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview or any other information
· University of Leipzig, International SEPT Programme, PF 100920,
· 04009 Leipzig, Germany