Deadline: 31 January, 2023
Applications are invited to apply for the Yenching Global Symposium Conference 2023 in China. This is a fully funded conference in China that brings together participants from all around the world with a Common interest in China. The Yenching Global Symposium (YGS) is a fully funded conference that will be held in person at the Yancheng Academy of Peking University in China from April 14-18, 2023. This conference is open to international applicants from any part of the world, regardless of their field of study or degree level. The hosting organizers will cover all expenses for attendees.
The world today is confronted with a series of global challenges, risks, and uncertainties which cannot be addressed by individual institutions or countries. Yet, we live in an increasingly divided world, with deepening fault lines within and across borders. The global community urgently requires constructive dialogue and international cooperation to advance our broad common interests. It is in this spirit that we call upon all of mankind to rise above divisions, assert our common humanity, strengthen our solidarity as one, and join mind and hand to address the complex problems the world is facing.
互 Humanity: Cartographies of Collaboration aims to foster interaction between people across different cultures, societies, and borders, promote mutual understanding, achieve consensus, facilitate the diffusion of ideas, and advance collaboration to develop strategies and solutions to address global issues. YGS 2023 will explore connections and opportunities for cooperation along three dimensions:
Yenching Global Symposium Conference 2023 details:
|Conference Dates:||14-18 April 2023|
|Conference coverage:||Fully Funded|
|Last Date:||31 January 2023|
- Geographical Affinity
- Cultural Affinity
- Human Affinity
DELEGATE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
We welcome applicants with strong leadership potential and a readiness to participate in nuanced, interdisciplinary discussions on questions surrounding China and our theme for the year, ‘互 Humanity: Cartographies of Collaboration’ if they meet the following criteria:
- Born after January 1, 1992;
- Possesses a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any field at the time of application;
- Will commit themselves to the entirety of the symposium, April 14-18, 2023;
- Is proficient in English;
- Has never attended any of the previous Yenching Global Symposiums or Yenching Social Innovation Forums.
- Please save your responses on a word document for your reference. Drafts will not be saved. Please submit the full application when all responses are filled.
- Your responses should be a maximum of 300 words (for each essay response).
- Incomplete and/or late applications will not be accepted.
- If English is not your first language or you have not graduated from an English-taught program, please provide a description of your English proficiency (minimum IELTS 7/TOEFL 100/Cambridge 180/CEFR C1). Screenshots are accepted.
- YGS is fully funded (your airfare, accommodation, and meals are covered by the symposium organizers). If you receive any emails or communications asking for payment following your application, it is a scam.
- Please be aware that YGS is unable to issue invitation letters containing barcodes for visa purposes. Please take note of this when applying for your tourist visa to China.