DEADLINE: 15 February 2023
In 2018, the region of Gävleborg, Sweden, created the international World Heritage Residence Scholarship at the World Heritage site “Decorated Farmhouses of Hälsingland”. The 5th call for applications is now open until 15 February 2023.
One aim of UNESCO’s World Heritage Convention is to create links between people and promote international cooperation. Peace is a central concept. This World Heritage Residence Scholarship is based on these ideas – to generate interest and understanding for humankind’s common memory through World Heritage sites. The scholarship aims to establish artistic and creative contacts between World Heritage sites around the world.
The World Heritage Residence Scholarship consists of two parts: a one-month residence at one of the seven World Heritage farms, either Kristofers in Stene or Erik-Anders in Asta; and a sum of approximately 4500 Euros (50.000 SKR) to be used on a project which has an international dimension and builds bridges between World Heritage sites in an artistic or cultural way.
- Application Deadline: 15 February 2023
- Residence Period: August and September 2023
- Organizer: United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
- Awarded By: Region Gävleborg
- Duration: One month
- Location: Sweden
- Funding Type: Fully-funded
Candidates will benefit from this Scholarship as follows:
- One month staying and living in one or two World Heritage farms;
- About 4.500 Euro (50.000 SEK) grant to carry out the idea or project in question.
Applicants and projects should meet the following requirements:
- Applicants can be individual researchers, artists, or other cultural actors
- Applicants from around the world can apply for this resident Scholarship.
- The project must connect World Heritage sites.
- Applicants can use the Decorated Farmhouses of Hälsingland as a source of inspiration.
Fields of Operation:
The area (s) of operation are as follows, and an applicant can submit single or multiple proposals:
- Arts and crafts
- Film/moving image
- Cultural heritage
- Natural heritage
How to Apply?
Applicants should fill out the online application by entering the link below: