Deadline: May 10, 2017
For 2017/2018 academic year, applications are open for Italian government scholarships to both foreign and Italian citizens resident abroad (IRE) for studying in Italy. Scholarships are offered to carry out study, training and research projects in Italian Higher Education Institute (State-owned institutions or institutions legally recognized by the relevant State authorities).
The aim of these scholarships is to foster international cultural cooperation, spread the knowledge of the Italian language, culture and science, as well as promote the Italian economic and technological system throughout the world.
Italian Government promote the Italian language and culture abroad, through Italian schools, scholarships and grants for foreign citizens, language courses organised by the Italian Cultural Institutes, and archaeological missions.
Candidates must possess a certificate of intermediate level in Italian (e.g. CILS B2, CELI 3, PLIDA B2 or INT.IT Roma Tre) or equivalent linguistic proficiency issued by a local organization or language school (e.g. Italian Cultural Institute, Dante Alighieri Society branch etc.). It is not required Italian language knowledge for applicants who enroll for university courses held entirely in English.
- Second-level University courses (five-year degree/Master of Science) (Laurea specialistica/Laurea Magistrale 2° ciclo)
- Master’s Degree courses (First and Second Level)
- Ph.D Courses
- Specialisation Schools
- Research under academic supervision
- Courses of Higher Education in Arts, Music and Dance (AFAM); Scuola Internazionale di Liuteria di Cremona; Scuola di Alta Formazione e Studio (SAF) of the Istituto Superiore per la Conservazione ed il Restauro (ISCR); Scuola Nazionale di Cinema
- Courses of Italian language and culture
- Training/refresher courses for Teachers of Italian language
Study Subject(s): Scholarships are offered over different departments across the University, all offering a diverse range of courses.
Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility: Applications may be submitted by those who meet the following criteria on the expiry date of this call for applications. The applications submitted by those who do not meet the necessary requirements shall be automatically excluded from the selection process. The Italian citizens employed by Public Administration offices, as well as their family members – although temporarily living abroad – cannot be granted IREs scholarships
- Academic qualifications: Foreign students or IREs may apply if they have the academic qualifications required for enrolling in the institution chosen.
- Age limits: Candidates may apply if aged between 18 and 36 years on the expiry date of this call for applications. For those who apply for the first year of a PhD program the maximum age limit is 33 years on the expiry date of this call for applications. Candidates may apply for training/refresher courses for Italian language teachers if aged between 18 and 45 years on the expiry date of this call for proposals.
- Language skills and proficiency: Candidates shall submit a certificate showing their knowledge and proficiency in the Italian language, starting from the B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) The knowledge of the Italian language is not required for enrolling in the university courses fully provided in English. Only for the courses of Italian language and culture shall candidates submit a certificate showing their knowledge and proficiency in the Italian language, starting from the A2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
Nationality: Foreign citizens and Italian citizens resident abroad (IRE) can apply for these Italian Government Scholarships.
How to Apply: Applications shall be sent only electronically, by accessing the “Portale borse online” from the MAECI website.
For more information please visit the Scholarship Link