The Fox International Fellowship is available for students of Yale University or from students of any of the exchange partner institutions in Fox International Fellowship network. Fellowship is available for doctoral candidates, master’s students and graduating seniors.
The goal of the Fox International Fellowship is to enhance mutual understanding between the peoples of the United States and other countries by promoting international scholarly exchanges and collaborations among the next generation of leaders.
Candidates for Fox Fellowship must demonstrate sufficient mastery of national or regional language skills relevant to their research projects as well as to thrive in the local and larger communities of the Fox exchange partner university.
- Application deadline: February 15, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowship is available for doctoral candidates, master’s students and graduating seniors.
- Study Subject: Field of focus: A strong and specific research project with a focus in international relations and global affairs, environmental policy, public health, business and finance, social sciences, economics, political science, law, and contemporary history, with preference for topics of contemporary, applied and/or institutional relevance to enhancing the world’s peace and prosperity. The candidate’s overall program of studies or degree may come from different disciplines and departments as long as their project focuses on one or more of these fields.
- Scholarship Award: All Fellows at Yale receive the same award, which is commensurate to the level of funding received by doctoral students in the graduate school. Awards include round-trip travel, accommodations in rental housing provided by the Fox Fellowship and a generous living stipend to cover expenses not already provided for by existing funds that you may have at your disposal. The Fellowship will also cover health insurance. All fellows are also able to apply for grants from a research travel fund up to U.S.D $2000.
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Nationality: International Students
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for scholarship. The Fox Fellowship is not open to postdoctoral applicants. International student proposing projects in their home country are not eligible.
- Entrance Requirements: The Fox Fellowship is open to graduate and professional school students at Yale University. Students in doctoral programs should be finished with their coursework and students in masters or graduate professional programs should have administrative approval to interrupt their course work. Graduating masters and professional school students are eligible to apply. Graduating seniors of unusual distinction and with clearly focused research may also be considered. The Fox Fellowship places a strong emphasis on communicative competence in the host country language(s) to truly engage colleagues and establish long term personal relationships with people from the Fox Partner University and the larger community of that University and the overall Fox alumni/ae network.
- English Language Requirements: Candidates for Fox Fellowships must demonstrate sufficient mastery of national or regional language skills relevant to their research projects as well as to thrive in the local and larger communities of the Fox Exchange partner university. For English-speaking countries with strong local or regional language bases, candidates with evidence of familiarity and interests in those languages, as relevant to their research and larger cultural engagement, may receive some competitive preference, e.g. for Legon, Ghana (Twi or Akan), Cape Town, South Africa (isiXhosa/isiZulu or Afrikaans); New Delhi, India (Hindi, Gujarati). Students without these language skills are also welcome to apply.
How to Apply: Submit your application online through the Student Grants and Fellowships Database at Yale University. The basic application materials include statement of interest , leadership statement, recent curriculum vitae, and two letters of recommendation. Please see the full application requirements and deadlines in the Student Grants website.