Deadline: 31 January, 2020
Asian Development Bank offers an internship program for outstanding and motivated master or Ph.D. students from developing countries. The ADB usually opens the internship application twice a year so that the applicants can apply for the winter or summer cohort. Selected applicants will receive financial support during the work at ADB headquarter in Manila, Philippines. consequently, the applicants will get a life-changing experience of working at an international organization.
Details of Asian Development Bank Internship
Duration: 10-12 week
- Start of application: July 15, 2020, Updated: August 1
- 1st Deadline to apply: September 30, 2020 Extended October 7
- 1st round program start: January 2021
- 2nd round application period: December 1, 2020 – January 31, 2021
- Program start 2nd round: June 2021
- Location: Manila, Philippines
Available Number of Internship for 2021 summer: to be announced
Interns will get the following benefits from the internship:
- Opportunity to work in an international organization
- significantly, Working with experienced professionals from various countries
- in addition, A daily stipend of 69 USD for a maximum of 56 days.
Eligibility for ADB internship
To be eligible for this ADB Internship program, the applicants should meet the following requirements:
- be currently a student ( enrolled) in a master / Ph.D. program and after the internship in one of the Asian Development Bank member countries.
- have Engagement in a field of study related to ADB’s work
- Have the citizenship of a country of ADB members
- Proficiency in the English language.
- Related professional work experience
Prepare the following documents:
- Master or Ph.D. Enrollment Proof
- Essays (word /pdf. Max 1500 words each question). you should write an essay about:
- initially, write one example of your experience demonstrating your interest in Working at the Asian Development Bank.
- secondly, Indicate/highlight your qualification and eligibility, and how this internship will helping you accomplish your goal and how you will do your assignment.
Available Internship positions
- Urban and social sectors decision, EARD in ADB headquarters https://www.adb.org/careers/200356
- Infrastructure Finance Division at ADB headquarters https://www.adb.org/careers/200362
- Thematic and Country Division at ADB headquarters https://www.adb.org/careers/200359
- Portfoio, Results, and Quality control unit, PARD at ADB headquarters https://www.adb.org/careers/200361
- Urban Development and Water Division at ADB headquarters https://www.adb.org/careers/200368
- Water SG, SDSC https://www.adb.org/careers/200363
- Public Managment, Financial, Sector, & Trade, Location: Cambodia REsident Mission https://www.adb.org/careers/200370
- Digital Innovation and Architecture Division at ADB HQ https://www.adb.org/careers/200375
- Office of the Chief Economist and Director General ERCD ADB HQ https://www.adb.org/careers/200358
- Sustainable Infrastructure Division, EARD https://www.adb.org/careers/200357
- Thailand Resident Mission https://www.adb.org/careers/200371
- Vietnam https://www.adb.org/careers/200369
- Human and social development Division SARD ADB HQ https://www.adb.org/careers/200367
- Education SG, SDSC ADB HQ https://www.adb.org/careers/200364
- Unit for Nonsovereign Operations ADB HQ https://www.adb.org/careers/200373
- NGO and Civil Society Center ADB HQ https://www.adb.org/careers/200365
- Public Management Financial Sector and Trade Division CWRD https://www.adb.org/careers/200355
How To Apply
After reading the eligibility of ADB Internships program, Applicants can apply online through the employment system of ADB (ACES). First, create your account, then fill the application form, and upload the required documents. Please note to submit your application before the deadline because ADB will not consider late applications.