Deadline: 26 March 2022 (5 pm Irish time)
The Government of Ireland’s Higher Education Authority (HEA) has announced the winners of the Government of Ireland Foreign Education Scholarships Scheme for 2022. (GOI-IES). The Government of Ireland (GOI) provides 60 scholarships to qualifying candidates who wish to earn a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree in Ireland.
Students who have been offered a placement at a qualifying Irish higher education college. This is a wonderful chance for Afghan students to apply and receive the opportunity to study in Ireland.
Opportunity Type: Fully Funded, Partially Funded
Language Requirement: Not Required
Language of Instruction: English
Application deadline: 26 March 2022 (5 pm Irish time)
Institutions: Various Irish universities (see below)
Duration: One year
Level of study:
· Bachelor Degree
· Master’s Degree
· PhD Degree
All fields but subject to the availability of a place
Benefits of Scholarship:
The scholarship provides:
· A €10,000 fund for one year’s study that covers students’ living costs and study costs.
· A full waiver of all tuition and other registration costs at the higher education institution
· The scholarship is designed to be value-adding to the students’ subsequent life and career.
Eligible Higher Education Institutions
The following is a list of all institutions eligible to offer GOI-IES 2022-23 programs:
· Athlone Institute of Technology
· College of Computing Technology, Dublin
· Dublin Business School
· Dublin City University
· Dún Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design and Technology
· Dundalk Institute of Technology
· Galway Business School
· Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology
· Griffith College, Dublin
· ICD Business School, Dublin
· Independent College, Dublin
· Institute of Technology, Carlow
· Institute of Technology, Sligo
· Letterkenny Institute of Technology
· Limerick Institute of Technology
Mary Immaculate College, Limerick
· Maynooth University
· Munster Technological University
· National College of Art and Design, Dublin
· National College of Ireland, Dublin
· National University of Ireland, Galway
· Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
· Technological University Dublin
· Trinity College Dublin
University College Cork
· University College Dublin
· University of Limerick
· Waterford Institute of Technology
· The scholarship is available to highly deserving students from non-EU/EEA countries.
· · Applicants must be originally citizens and residents of a Non-EU country.
· The scholarship is open to:
· · The last year of an undergraduate program;
One year of a taught master’s degree program or;
· · One year of a research program (meaning that one year of a 2-year research master’s or a 3-4-year PhD program)
· · Applications are welcome from underrepresented cohorts to study in Ireland.
· · The HEA will regard gender balance in the selection of scholarship awardees.
The applications must cover the following, as requested in the online application tool:
· · Academic qualifications, achievements, and/or work experience
· · Personal Statement (read the details through the link below).
· · Two reference letters
Note: Any questions regarding the scholarship announcement should be directed to GOI-IES@hea.ie no later than the deadline.
· · Visit the official link of scholarship to learn more about it and better prepare yourselves for application.
Applicants should possess:
· · Excellence (academically, personally, professionally, creatively);
· · Excellent communication skills;
· · Extra curriculum achievements (such as humanitarian work; politics local, national, international; arts; sports);
· · Possess strong motivation for pursuing their study in Ireland that indicates how a GOI-IES suits their longer-term goals.
Establishing an independent International Assessment Panel, the HEA will evaluate the applications received. The Assessment Panel will consider the extent to which the applications satisfy the criteria of the 2022 Call as outlined above.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants should fill out an online application and upload the relevant documentation to the online acceptance portal.