Apply Before : August 29, 2022
The University of York offers this course on “Engineering the Future: Creating the Amazing.”
Engineering has played an immense role in the advancement of our society and planet. The course will provide you with an introduction to the study of engineering and find out why, as an engineer, you have the capacity to change the world. Besides, you’ll learn about where an Engineering degree could take you.
You will learn how the disciplines of math, biology, computing, and physics, together with creative thinking and people skills, come together to produce modern engineering projects. You will also know the impact of modern engineering on a diverse range of industries, from healthcare to artificial intelligence.
Course quick details:
- Course developer: University of York
- Instruction language: English
- Course provider: Future Learn
- Delivery mode: Self-paced
- Subject: Engineering Technology
- Price: Free with limited access, Monthly subscription: $27.99 or buy this course: $54 one-off payment for full access & certificate.
- Duration: 3 weeks (4 hours per week)
- Start date: Available Now
1. Andy Hunt
Andy is a professor of audio and computing technology at the University of York. He teaches interactive computing in the Department of Electronic Engineering.
What you will gain?
By completing the course, you‘d be able to:
- Explore the potential of modern engineering to transform the world
- Summarize the fundamental component skills required for successful engineering
- Utilize mathematical and scientific concepts in real-world engineering applications
- Reflect on the context of modern engineering and its role in society
- Evaluate possible future advances in technology and describe their own prospective role in achieving them.
Who can take this course?
This course would suit anyone with an interest in engineering technology. In addition, It will be of particular benefit to students in their final year of school looking to apply to the engineering field no matter where.
What topics will it cover?
- Environmental engineering
- Healthcare and Medical Engineering
- Virtual Reality for healthcare and entertainment
- Robots, artificial intelligence (AI) and future technology
- Shareable certificate (Only for self-funded applicants)
- 100% online
How to apply?
You can apply for this course by completing enrollment in the given link.