Deadline: December 1, 2022
Asian Development Bank offers its 2023 scholarships for ADB member countries to pursue their master’s degrees in the participating countries. If you are from a developing country looking forward to an opportunity to fund your master degree education, you are recommended to apply to Asian Development Bank Scholarship offered to study in ADB – JSP approved fields of study at the University of Hawaii at Manoa (UHM) and participated in different leadership development, residential and educational program at East-West Center, USA.
- Deadline: December 1, 2022
- Result notification: Mid May-early June 2023
- Start of the program: August 2023
- Duration: 1 – 2 years
- Location: USA
- Institution: the University of Hawaii at Manoa (UHM)
Fields of study:
The following master’s degree programs at the East-West Center are eligible for ADB-JSP funding. Each program’s required standardized tests are listed next to it, along with the institution that requests them in parenthesis.
- Business Administration (Global MBA): TOEFL or IELTS (EWC and UHM); GMAT (UHM only)
- Economics (MA ): TOEFL or IELTS (EWC and UHM); GRE (UHM only)
- Geography (MA): TOEFL or IELTS (EWC and UHM); GRE (UHM only)
- Natural Resources and Environmental Management (MS): TOEFL or IELTS (EWC and UHM); GRE (UHM only)
- Ocean and Resources Engineering (MS): TOEFL or IELTS (EWC and UHM); GRE (UHM only)
- Oceanography (MS): TOEFL or IELTS (EWC and UHM); GRE (UHM only)
- Pacific Islands Studies (MA): TOEFL or IELTS (EWC and UHM)
- Public Administration (MPA): TOEFL or IELTS (EWC and UHM)
- Sociology (MA): TOEFL or IELTS (EWC and UHM); GRE (UHM only)
- Tropical Plant and Soil Sciences (MS): TOEFL or IELTS (EWC and UHM); GRE (UHM only)
- Urban and Regional Planning (MURP): TOEFL or IELTS (EWC and UHM)
For information on the Master’s degree programs mentioned above, including each program’s application procedure, visit the University of Hawai’i at Manoa website.
Benefits of Scholarships :
ADB scholarships cover the following expenses:
- Tuition fee
- Monthly allowance to cover the expenses
- Book and educational material allowance
- Health insurance,
- U.S. visa sponsorship (J-1 Exchange Visitor).
- Travel cost to and from Hawaii
Who is eligible for the ADB-JSP Scholarship?
- Hold citizenship of a developing country that should be the ADB member country and residing in the same country
- Be 35 or younger during the application time
- Obtained a 4-year undergraduate study or equivalent ( 3 years bachelor + 1-year master degree or a 2-year bachelor’s degree + 2-year master degree)
- Completed minimum of two years of professional work experience after university graduation (Full time)
- Be proficient in the English language. (valid 550 for the paper-based TOEFL, CBT 213, IBT 79-80, IELTS 6.5)
- Return back to home country
The following experiences disqualify applicants from the ADB-JSP Scholarship:
- Candidates who reside or work outside of their country of residence are ineligible to apply.
- Candidates who have already completed a master’s degree or who have previously studied abroad (in a nation other than one of the ADB’s developing member countries) are ineligible to apply.
How to apply?
Eligible applicants can apply to the University of Hawaii at Manoa for admission to a master degree program by submitting an application with all required documents and submit ADB-JSP scholarship application to east-west center,
- Academic transcripts and certificates
- If available upload
- TOEFL/IELTS results
- Proof of UH application submission (Application Acknowledgement receipt)
You can upload a brief note stating that you have applied to the university and will email proof of application as soon as it is available if you experience a delay in receiving confirmation of your UH application submission. Without uploading the explanatory note or the proof of UH application submission, you will not be able to submit this fellowship application.
- Upload recommendation form sent to referees
- GRE / GMAT (if required for the program)
- And other documents required by the program
For Applying and More Information Click Here