Application Deadline: 31 January 2023 (3:29 am AFT)
Applications for the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship (UES) of Utrecht University in the Netherlands are open now. The scholarship is for one year and will start on 01 September 2023. This program is one of the significant scholarships at a leading university in European for non-EU/EEA students.
- Application Deadline: 31 January 2023 (3:29 am AFT)
- University: Utrecht University
- Duration: 1 year (extendable)
- Location: Netherland
- Study Level: Master
- Number of Scholarships: N/A
- Funded By: Utrecht Excellence Scholarship (UES) Fund
- Fields of Study: Several
The Utrecht Excellence Scholarship takes two forms:
- Student’s tuition fee, or
- Student’s tuition fee plus the income required for a one-year study;
- The income should be linked to a residence permit for the study program as determined by the Immigration and Naturalization Service.
Applicants who wish to apply for an Utrecht Excellence Scholarship should meet the following criteria:
- Applicant should belong to the top 10% of their graduating class by demonstrating a letter or a class raking certificate;
- Not hold an EU/EEA passport and not qualify for support under the Dutch system of study awards and loans;
- Have completed their secondary school and bachelor’s degree outside the Netherlands;
- Applicant must have applied for an international master’s program at the University with a starting date of 1 September 2023; Read more about Master’s programs here and check if UES relates to them.
- Applicants should apply for a Master’s program; otherwise, the applicant’s UES application will not be successful.
Selection for a scholarship takes place based on the following criteria:
- Academic merit and commitment in the proposed field of study;
- Previous qualifications’ academic quality and results belong to the top 10% of the class; proofs can be a class ranking certificate, statement/reference letter signed and stamped by an earlier University, or GPA with grade distribution summary).
- The quality and significance of the motivation letter for the Master’s program (academic content, personal motivation, and intercultural and communication skills);
- The quality of the application for the existing Master’s scholarship itself (accuracy, completeness, and consistency);
Applicants should provide the below-required documents:
- The class ranking certificate shows the applicant belongs to the top 10% of their class;
- Documents of previous education such as certificates, transcripts, etc. (in English);
- Scan of passport valid at the start of the program;
- Proof of English language competency;
- Reference letter signed and stamped by applicant’s University;
- Motivation letter;
- Any supporting documents are required.
How to Apply?
Eligible applicants can apply online for this scholarship by following the below steps:
- Applicants should apply for a UU master’s program under UES funding coverage. After applying to a Master’s program, the applicant can go for one UES online application.
- The applicant will see the UES application(s) in their OSIRIS Online Application account dashboard.
- Click view or edit for the UES linked (related process) to the program applicant wants to apply.
- Then upload the requested proof of belonging to the top 10% of your class, answer the questions and submit the application.