Deadline: March 1, 2023
Application is open for Romania government Bachelor, Master, and Ph.D. Scholarships for the academic year of 2023-24.
These scholarships are offered by the Romanian government Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) and the Ministry of Education and Research (MER) for the applicants from non-European countries to pursue their undergraduate or postgraduate studies at Romania’s prestigious universities. These scholarships are offered on a file-based review by the two mentioned institutions of the Romanian state.
Details of Romania Scholarships
Awarding Organization: Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) and Ministry of Education and Research (MER)
Deadline: March 1, 2023
- Bachelor’s degree: 3-6 years based on the fields of study you apply, ending with a final exam.
- Master’s degree: 1.5 to 2 years ending with dissertation defense.
- Ph.D.: 3 – 5 years ending with a doctoral thesis.
Result announcement: July 15, 2023
- Location: Romania
- Study levels: Bachelor’s, Master and PhD
- Field of study: Different (you can find out more as you enquire about the diplomatic missions to which you submit your application).
- Study language: Romanian language for (bachelor and master) and for Ph.D. (Romanian or any other foreign language decided upon by the Ph.D. school). Students who do not know Romanian languages will be offered a year-long preparatory program to learn the Romanian language.
Benefits of Romania Scholarships
The scholarship includes the following expenses:
- Tuition and registration fee exemption
- Free Accommodation
- Monthly allowance 65 Euros for undergraduate students, 75 Euros for 2nd round students (master degree and specialization) and 85 Euros for the doctorate degree
- Medical assistance in case of health emergencies
Note 1: Students must pay for their food and international travel expenses.
Note 2: the scholarship will be suspended if the student repeats a year of study due to poor results.
Students from any country of the world except (European Union countries) are eligible to apply for this scholarship considering the following criteria:
- Not hold citizenship of Romania;
- Applicants should not be a member of diplomatic corps in Romania or family members of the corps; family members of the administrative and technical staff of diplomatic corps;
- Not be previous Romanian scholarship recipients;
- Members of international organizations or family members of the employees of international organizations in the host country are not eligible;
- Strictly meet the eligibility criteria, file submission methods, and enrolment dates;
- Receive a letter of acceptance from their university of choice;
- Have a high GPA and good scores at the previous levels with study documents issued by their educational institutions;
- Have completed high school or pre-university for bachelor’s degree;
- Should have obtained an undergraduate degree/equivalent for master’s level; and
- Have done a master’s degree or its comparable for the doctoral level.
Applicants should prepare the following documents to apply for Romania Scholarships:
- Notarized copies of graduation diplomas (high school/equivalent, bachelor, master, and doctoral degrees for the intended program respectively, and their notarized translation into English/French/Romanian), if applicable.
- Copies of transcripts of the degrees completed and their notarized translation into English/French/Romanian), if applicable.
- Copy of birth certificate/its equivalent with a certified translation into English, French, or Romanian.
- 1st three pages of the passport or the National identity document and its authorized translation
- CV in English or French in this format
- A letter of interest for the Ph.D. programs in English, French, Spanish or Romanian.
and the copy of the following documents with the authorized translation into English, French, Spanish or Romanian (if applicable) for candidates specified below
- proof of name change (if applicable)
- certificate proving the passing of the baccalaureate, bachelor’s or master’s exam, as the case may be, for graduates who do not hold yet the diploma
- certificate proving that the person in the final year of studies is to take the graduation exam at the end of the school/university year
- Transcript attesting the academic record of the person in the final year of studies, until the moment of submitting the application file,
- certificate of completion of the Romanian language preparatory year or the certificate of linguistic competence, if applicable.
- notarized declaration of parental consent in the case of candidates who have not reached the age of 18 by the date of commencement of the courses
How to apply to Romania Scholarships?
This year the Government of Romania has brought a positive change in their scholarship management system. Now the applicants can apply easily online and upload the required documents on the platform.