- Deadline: February 20, 2023
Every year, the Turkish government awards 5000 scholarships to students from Afghanistan and other countries who wish to study or research in Turkey at the undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral levels. One of the most important scholarships for students, this one offers top-notch amenities and privileges, including lodging, tuition, airfare, and other expenses.
- Offered by: Turkiye Scholarships
- Application Start Date: January 10, 2023
- Deadline: February 20, 2023
- Evaluation Method: March to May 2023
- Interview Timeframe: June – July 2023
- Initial Techniques: August 2023
- Announcement Date: Early August
- Travel to Turkey: September 2023
- Level of Study: Bachelor, Master, Ph.D., and Research
- Type: Scholarship
- Eligible Nations: International
- Health protection.
- Complete tuition.
- Placement in a university and program.
- Undergraduate: 500 TL, Master’s: 700 TL, and Ph.D.: 900 TL are the monthly stipends for one-year short-term scholarships.
- Free housing and a one-year Turkish language training program.
- Cost of one-way travel to and from Turkey.
- For full-time scholarships, the monthly stipend is 1000 Turkish Lira (TL) for undergraduate students, 1400 TL for master’s degree students, 1800 TL for doctoral students, and 4,000 TL for research.
- Be healthy.
- Be academicians and researchers.
- Have citizenship in a nation other than Turkey.
- Individuals who have graduated or will graduate at the conclusion of the current school year.
- Meet the requirements for language fluency.
- Meet the following age requirement: Undergraduate Applicants: Under the age of 21, Under 30 applicants for master’s degrees, D. Applicants must be under 35 years old, and research Participants: aged less than 45.
- Possess the following academic accomplishments and have graduated from or are anticipated to graduate from an educational institution: 70% of undergraduates achieved this, Graduate success rate: 75%, and 90% for the health sciences (pharmacy, dentistry, and medicine).
- Transcripts from prior studies.
- Results from international exams such the TOEFL, DELF, GRE, GMAT, SAT, etc (if asked by selected University or program).
- A suggestion for a topic for investigation.
- An example of the applicant’s study that is written down (only for Ph.D. applications).
- Outcomes of national exams (if any).
- A diploma or temporary certificate of graduation.
- Online application form.
- Valid ID card or passport.
- One photograph no longer than one year.
Note: All recipients, including candidates who were enrolled in English or other language programs, who still need to provide proof of a C1 Level Certificate in Turkish, shall do a one-year Turkish language course. By the conclusion of their academic year, they should have obtained the C1 Level Certificate.
- Tests: Before the interview, candidates will complete a quantitative exam with 30 questions. The Presidential Delegations’ exams for undergraduate applicants include geometry, algebra, and reasoning problems.
These exams are required for applicants to the disciplines of science, health sciences, social sciences, and engineering, which receive the most applications. Read more here about the examinations.
- Preliminary Assessment: Applications must adhere to all requirements, including minimum academic standards, age restrictions, and document requirements;
- Expert Evaluation: The Expert Committee will evaluate the submissions from qualified individuals in light of a number of factors, including academic standing, academic interests, professional objectives, prior experience, consistency of preferences, involvement in extracurricular activities, and letter of intent content. Successful candidates will proceed to the interview stage;
- Interview: Candidates for the final list will be chosen by interview committees made up of academics and specialists. The interview session typically lasts between 15 and 30 minutes and will be structured as follows:
Welcome and entry, document review, purpose of application, academic background and career objectives,
closing remarks and candidate questions for the committee.
Final Assessment: The selection committee will compile a list of candidates who will be awarded scholarships after reviewing the outcomes of the interviews. The selection committee will evaluate the candidate’s general eligibility for Turkey Scholarships at this last step of review.
How can I apply for the DAFI Scholarship Program?
- Create a user account for yourself on the TBBS site.
- Upload all necessary paperwork.
- List the schools and programs you’d want to attend.
- Write a letter of original purpose outlining your preferences, anticipations, and future objectives.
- Review all of the application’s phases and attachments before submitting it.
To learn more about Turkey Scholarships for International Students, refer to Turkey Scholarship’s website.