Deadline: 19 September, 2023
The Schwarzman Scholars invites applicants worldwide to submit their applications for its 2024-2025 program. This annual program attracts high-calibre individuals with open minds and limitless potential to contribute to a deeper understanding between China and other counties.
The fully funded program and scholars will pursue their education at Tsinghua University in Beijing. Therefore, potential applicants are highly encouraged to apply and benefit from this outstanding opportunity.
Application Period: April – 19 September 2023 (11:59 PM EDT)
Selection Cycle: November 2023 Program Begins: August 2024
- Application Period: January – May 2023
- Selection Cycle: June – July 2023
- Program Begins: August 2024
Duration: One Year
Number of Opportunity: 200 Candidates
Funding Type: Fully funded.
Degree Level: Master’s program
Fields of Study: Global Affairs
Host University: Tsinghua University in Beijing, China
Benefits and Scholarship Values
The following are the benefits of the Schwarzman Scholars program:
- Tuition fees
- Room and board
- Travel to and from Beijing at the beginning and end of the academic year
- In-country study tours
- Required course books and supplies.
- Lenovo laptop
- Health insurance
- Personal stipend
Eligibility Criteria for Schwarzman Scholars
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- The applicant’s age must be between 18 to 29 years as of 01 August of the enrolment year.
- Completed an undergraduate degree at the time of application.
- Proven English verbal and written skills as the studies are in English. The applicant should have completed two-year undergraduate studies in English or present an accepted English testing certificate (Minimum IELST 7, TOFEL IBT 100, Cambridge English minimum score 185
The following supporting documents are necessary for Schwarzman Scholars:
- Resume or CV (maximum two pages).
- The two required essays are a Leadership Essay (750 words) and a Statement of Purpose (500 words).
- Official transcripts for each degree attended.
- Three Recommendation letters indicating the applicant’s intellectual abilities, personal characteristics, and leadership potential.
- Short video self-introduction maximum 1 minute.
How to Apply for Schwarzman Scholars Program?
Interested applicants who meet the criteria should submit their English applications online before the deadline. Applicants can access and edit their applications as frequently as needed.
Note: Please note that the 2023-2024 class application window is now closed. International applications for the 2024-2025 class will be open from April to 19 September 2023.